Back Pain in America
Although chiropractors care for more than just back pain, many patients visit chiropractors looking for relief from this often debilitating condition. In fact, 31 million Americans experience pain in lower-back at any given time.
A few interesting facts:
- One-half of all working Americans admit to having back problems each year.
- Back pain is one of the most common reasons for missed work. In fact, back pain is the second most common reason for visits to the doctor’s office, outnumbered only by upper-respiratory infections.
- Most cases of this pain are mechanical or non-organic—meaning they are not caused by serious conditions, such as inflammatory arthritis, infection, fracture, or cancer.
- Americans spend at least $50 billion each year on pain in the back region—and that’s just for the more easily identified direct costs.
- Experts estimate that as many as 80% of the population will experience a back problem at some time in our lives.
Schedule an appointment today if you are experiencing pain.