What is chiropractic animal care?
Chiropractic Animal Care is whole body adjusting techniques that help restore normal joint function. Animals receive chiropractic care after a veterinarian examines the animal and establishes a diagnosis. The chiropractor examines the animal’s gait, posture, vertebrae and extremities. In addition, the chiropractor performs spinal manipulation and adjustive procedures on the extremity joints and cranial sutures.
- Manual method of treatment
- Developed in early 19th century
- Maintains health
- Treats neurological and musculoskeletal dysfunction and their subsequent effects on the animal’s body
- Chiropractic care also helps acute or chronic pain syndromes caused by biomechanical problems
Animal Chiropractor’s Goal:
- Maximize mobility and optimize nervous system function to allow unrestricted exchange of information between the brain and the rest of the body